COVID-19 Response – January 19, 2021
As COVID-19 continues to impact the world around us, we continue to try to create a safe and healthy environment for families, employees and volunteers.
Habitat takes the safety and security of our staff, volunteers and subcontractors very seriously. Our team continues to participate in weekly calls with Eagle County and other officials to stay up-to-date on protocols. In the event of a possible COVID-19 exposure, we will take the following actions:
- Isolate the individual and them send home a.s.a.p. Recommend prompt testing.
- Identify any and all close contacts – people who have worked within 6 feet of the affected individual for 15 minutes or longer, with or without masks, within 2 days of the affected individual’s onset of symptoms or positive Covid test.
- Reach out to close contacts – inform them that they have been identified as a close contact. Recommend self-quarantine and testing. Share testing and symptoms information and address any questions. Testing should be completed after 5 days after exposure to affected individual. Maintain privacy of affected individual as per legal requirements.
- Clean and sanitize location.
- Communicate results of affected individual’s test as soon as results come in.
If affected individual tests positive, all close contacts are recommended to self-quarantine for 7 to 10 days and monitor symptoms. If they are asymptomatic, they can take a Covid test after 5 days. If that test is negative, they can return after 7 days. If they do not take a Covid test, they can return after 10 days as long as they do not develop symptoms. The affected individual could return to work / volunteer service after 10 days from the date that they first had symptoms and as long as their symptoms are improving AND they have been fever-free for 24 hours.
If the affected individual tests negative, they could return to work after 7 days as long as their symptoms are improving AND they have been fever-free for 24 hours. Close contacts could return after 7 days, even if their Covid test was still pending.
Together, we can stop the spread. We remind everyone to maintain social distance, wear a face covering when in public and stay home when feeling ill.
To learn more, please visit. www.EagleCountyCovid.org.