Turn your determination, compassion and creativity into solutions with Habitat Vail Valley. Work alongside volunteers, homeowners, contractors and staff as you build homes for hardworking locals. AmeriCorps connects adults, aged 18 and up, with flexible opportunities to address local challenges with local solutions.
Current AmeriCorps Job Opportunities
Benefits of AmeriCorps Service
- Living allowance of $17,600 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,895, upon successful completion of service.
- Forbearance for most federally-guaranteed student loans.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
- Free housing
- Free ski pass to Vail and Beaver Creek
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
Our ideal candidates:
- Are passionate about serving the community through direct service.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of opinion, experience, and background.
- Desire to gain hands-on experience in the affordable housing and nonprofit sector.
- Have experience working on a team.
- Possess stellar interpersonal communication skills.
- Are motivated and committed to serve full time and in person.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter contains news, updates on our build sites, family stories, events + more. Sign up today and stay informed.