ACCEPTED DONATION ITEMS
Appliances (Cooktops, stoves, ovens, dishwashers, microwaves, fridges, washers and dryers, A/C window units)
- Must be in full working order, clean, and less than 10 years old
- Dishwashers must be in full working order, clean, and less than 5 years old
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Trash compactors
- Non-working appliances. These may be dropped off for recycling at Trinity Recycling
- Must be complete sets, all doors and drawers attached, no nails or screws sticking out
- Vanities in good condition accepted. Must not have water damage
- Cabinet handles and pulls accepted, no cabinet parts (e.g. doors, drawers etc.)
Cars, boats, and other motorized recreational vehicles (call 970.328.1119 for details)
- Patio/sliding glass doors must be normal size and in good working condition
- Doors with frames are preferred
- Flat panel doors, hollow-core doors, shower doors, or mirrored closet doors.
Flooring (Tile, carpeting, rugs, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, granite, marble)
- Tile: Minimum donation is 20 square feet.
- All other flooring: Minimum donation is 100 square feet.
- All tile must be unused
- All carpeting and floor padding must be unused
- All hardwood/laminate (new or used, no nails; must be bundled)
- Area rugs must be vacuumed and clean free of stains
- We do not accept exercise machines
- We will accept weights and weight benches if dropped off
Furniture (indoor & outdoor furniture)
- All furniture items must be in good, clean condition, free of stains and pet hair
- Desks can only be accepted if solid wood, one piece, household size (not larger than 6’ across). No office, L-shaped or particle board desks.
- Armoires and entertainment centers
- Baby furniture
- Office chairs, desks, and cubicles. File cabinets and bookcases are accepted
- Incomplete bed frames
- No particle board furniture, only solid wood.
Housewares (decor, artwork, dishes, books, linens and soft goods)
- Artwork, mirrors, knick knacks, pictures and decorative items (mirrors must be framed)
- All dishware and cookware items must be clean and boxed
- Small appliances must be clean and in good working order
- Linens must be clean, free of tears and boxed or bagged
- Pillows must be clean, stain free and boxed or bagged
Landscaping (Brick, stone, cinderblock, lawn-care tools, slate, cultured stone)
- All bricks, stone and cinderblock must be on pallets and clean of mortar
- Snow blowers, lawn mowers, and garden equipment
- Rakes, hand tools, wheelbarrows, and other yard tools
- Planters, pots and outdoor decor
Lighting & Electrical
- Lamps and chandeliers
- No ceiling fans, fluorescent bulbs or fixtures, no track lighting and no used light bulbs
- Minimum of 6’ long with no nails or paint
- Sheet goods: plywood, OSB, drywall – minimum ½ sheet (4’x4’)
- Roofing: new, minimum one bundle
Plumbing (Sinks, faucets, toilets, bathroom accessories)
- Toilets must be at least 1.6 gallons per flush (low-flow). Must be complete and assembled. Must be clean with no wax ring.
- Bathtubs must be new and standard size (30”x60”).
- No cast iron tubs for pick up, however they may be dropped off at the ReStore for recycling
- No used faucets
Televisions and Electronics
- Flat screen monitors and HD TVs only (no tube or rear projection TVs)
- DVD players and high fidelity stereo equipment (speakers and receivers)
- No printers, fax machines, or VCR recorders
- General purpose tools
- Power tools must be in good working condition and with all accessories
- Construction equipment and tools
- Must be double-pane, vinyl or metal clad
- Must be clear in good reusable condition
- Very large or custom sized windows not accepted
Donations We Cannot Accept
- Paint, stain, hazardous materials, ceiling tiles, fluorescent light fixtures, countertops, unframed glass or mirrors, furniture with rips, tears, stains, or pet hair, particle board furniture, baby furniture, tires, ladders.
If you’re not sure if we can take your donation, please call 970.328.1119. All donations to the Habitat ReStore are tax-deductible! IRS Tax Information.
Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley Copyright © 2017