Habitat ReStore Assistant Manager
The ReStore Assistant Manager position is a full-time member of the Habitat ReStore staff whose responsibilities focus on ReStore operations, staff supervision, volunteer management, store safety and marketing.
- Supervise ReStore staff. Communicate priorities including days’ pick-ups, volunteers for the day, organizational tasks, sale items
- Act as MOD when on the sales floor. Handle customer questions and complaints that are escalated from ReStore staff and volunteers
- Assist with marketing efforts in store and on social media platforms
- Drive the ReStore truck and pick-up donations when there are large pick-ups and if short staffed
- Manage volunteers. Provide orientation, set expectations, deliver training and ensure they have a positive experience
- Ensure policies and procedures are being followed and work with ReStore manager to update policies and procedures as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Procurement Manager to ensure pick-ups are executed efficiently and to donors’ satisfaction
- Schedule donations via phone and walk-in donors using Thriftcart software.
- Ensure the ReStore is a safe working and shopping environment. Ensure hazards are marked or removed from sales floor. Review proper lifting and moving techniques with staff, volunteers and customers.
Skills and Experience:
- Must understand and appreciate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to multi-task
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Must be able to deal with all kinds of individuals and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor
- Must have demonstrated independent responsibility for program management and accomplishing results
- Experience supervising staff is required
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and at least 1 year of driving experience
- Must maintain a good driving record while employed
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience is preferred
Education: BA or BS preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Individual is required to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis and will experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion
- This position will occasionally be exposed to weather extremes including heat, cold, wind, rain and snow
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Volunteering at the Habitat ReStore is a fulfilling experience. It has given me a chance to meet and make new friends, while contributing to the community.”
~Becky Morgan, Volunteer