ACCEPTED DONATION ITEMS
Appliances (Cooktops, stoves, ovens, dishwashers, microwaves, fridges, washers and dryers)
- Must be in full working order, clean and less than 10 years old
- Non-working and older appliances may be dropped off at Trinity Recycling for recycling
- Must be complete sets, all doors and drawers attached, no nails or screws sticking out. Cabinet handles and pulls accepted, no cabinet parts (e.g. doors, drawers etc.) Please leave doors and drawers on!
Cars, boats, and other motorized recreational vehicles (call 970.328.1119 for details)
- No flat panel doors, shower doors or mirrored closet doors. Doors with frames are preferred
- Patio/sliding glass doors must be normal size and in good working condition
Flooring (Tile, carpeting, rugs, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, granite, marble)
- All flooring: Minimum donation is 100 square feet. The only exception is tile smaller than 12”x12” which can be 50 square feet or more
- All tile must be unused
- All carpeting and floor padding must be unused
- All hardwood/laminate (new or used, no nails)
- Only newer brand name units (must be easily accessible for pick up or dropped off)
- Armoires, in general, are not accepted. Please call for more information.
- Artwork, knick knacks, pictures and decorative items
- Desks can only be accepted if solid wood, one piece, household size (not larger than 4’ across). No office, L-shaped or particle board desks.
- No baby furniture
- No office chairs, desks or cubicles. File cabinets and bookcases are accepted
- No incomplete bedframes
- Entertainment centers must be pre-approved and composed of solid wood
- Pianos must be pre-approved and dropped off
- All furniture items must be in good, clean condition and free of stains and pet hair
Housewares (Toys, books, dishes, linens and soft goods)
- All dishware and cookware items must be clean and boxed
- Linens must be clean, free of tears and boxed or bagged
- Pillows must be clean, stain free and boxed or bagged
Heating and Cooling (AC, furnaces, hot water heaters, swamp coolers, fans)
- All must be in good, working order
- All must be less than 10 years old
Landscaping (Brick, stone, cinderblock, lawn-care tools, slate, cultured stone)
- All bricks, stone and cinderblock must be on pallets
- All must be clean of mortar
- Lawn and Gardening
- Snow blowers, lawn mowers, and garden equipment
- Rakes, hand tools, wheel barrows, and other yard tools
Lighting & Electrical
- Lamps, chandeliers, ceiling fans, breakers, conduits, connectors, fuses, junction boxes etc.
- No fluorescent bulbs or fixtures, no track lighting and no used light bulbs.
- Minimum of 6’ long with no nails or paint
Paint, Stain, or other Chemicals
- We do not accept any paint, stains, fertilizer, or other hazardous chemicals
- Bathtubs, sinks, faucets, toilets, bathroom accessories and shower pans must be at least 1.6 gallons per flush (low-flow). Must be complete and assembled. Must be clean with no wax ring. No used toilet seats will be accepted.
- Bathtubs must be in near new condition and a standard size (30”x60”). Can be jetted/Jacuzzi, if a standard size
- No cast iron tubs for pick up, however they may be dropped off at the ReStore for recycling
- Minimum of 1 bundle in packaging
Sheet Goods (plywood, OSB, drywall, etc.)
Televisions and Electronics
- Flat screen monitors and HD TVs only (no tube or rear projection TVs)
- Cell phones
- No printers, fax machines, or VCR recorders
- DVD players and high fidelity stereo equipment (speakers and receivers)
- General purpose tools
- Power tools (must be in good working condition)
- Construction equipment and tools
- Windows must be double-pane, vinyl or metal clad
- Windows must be clear in good reusable condition
- Super large or custom sized windows not accepted
Donations We Cannot Accept
- Paint, stain, hazardous materials, ceiling tiles, fluorescent light fixtures, countertops, unframed glass or mirrors, furniture with rips, tears, stains, or pet hair, or tires.
If you’re not sure if we can take your donation, please call 970.328.1119. All donations to the Habitat ReStore are tax-deductible! IRS Tax Information.