How it WorksHabitat for Humanity’s goal is to help hard working families realize their dream of home ownership.
Here’s how it works…
• Families must earn 35% - 60% of the Area Median Income, roughly $30 to 50k per year for a family of four.
Click here for more details on how to qualify.
• Families pay for their homes with a small down payment and a 30 year, no-profit, interest free mortgage.
• Through discounted and donated services, volunteer labor and fund raising efforts Habitat is able to keep the cost of the homes down compared to traditional home building methods.
• Selected families contribute 250 hours of sweat equity per adult toward the building of their home.
• Once selected, families undergo self sufficiency counseling including: sustainability curriculum for budgeting, interviewing skills, computer classes, home maintenance, landscaping and other skills needed to be responsible homeowners.
• Click here for a Homeowner Application, in English or in Spanish. You may print and complete either of these forms.
Applications are due on May 31st.
There is an Informational Session on Tuesday, May 14th at the Avon Public Library.
English: 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Spanish: 6:30pm to 7:30pm
If you have any questions please call or email for information. (970) 748-6718 or email@example.com.
We receive dozens of applications each year and appreciate everyone's help to spread the word in our community!
Fair Housing, Nondiscrimination Clause
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.