Habitat for Humanity volunteers contribute more than just muscle. Creativity, strategy, and technical skills are among the many invaluable traits volunteers bring to our organization. Habitat depends on our volunteer committees for support. We would love to utilize your talents, so please read the sections below for committee choices. If you are interested in joining a committee, contact the Volunteer Coordinator
or call (970) 524-2564.
– Is responsible for setting policy, standards and oversight of construction of homes. The committee works to support the construction manager to further the effectiveness and efficiency of Habitat home building. The committee acts as a network in involving the construction trades and larger community in support of the construction site. Most construction committee members also volunteer on the job site on a regular basis to keep a pulse on progress and contribute to continued success.
– Is responsible for educating and informing the community regarding the mission and purpose of Habitat for Humanity, the need for affordable housing in our service area, and the steps being taken to meet this need. In partnership with staff, tasks include creating, implementing and monitoring an on-going marketing plan that includes all affiliate collateral materials; website design and maintenance; public speaking; working with the media; and publishing an annual report, print newsletter and two electronic newsletters.
– Is responsible for fundraising strategies and processes, which include identifying funding sources, cultivating donors and soliciting the resources needed to support the affiliate and build Habitat homes. Tasks include planning and implementing campaigns, in conjunction with the Development Director, that focus on individuals, local businesses, congregations, grant opportunities and special events including the annual Carpenter’s Ball.
– Is responsible for cultivating and recruiting local congregations to become involved in the mission of Habitat for Humanity by establishing Habitat Teams in all congregations that encourage member involvement in building projects and events.
– Is involved in all aspects of family selection and family services within the affiliate. The committee consists of members serving as mentors, educators, partners and friends of Habitat for Humanity partner families and homeowners. This committee is very active on a weekly basis during the 6 month selection process (May - November).
– Oversees financial reporting, monthly financial statements and reviews cash flows and bank accounts. In addition, this committee reviews and makes recommendations for major financial decisions and oversees budgetary processes.
– Researches and obtains land necessary for future Habitat homes. The committee oversees approvals necessary in developing a site, including site engineering, design and infrastructure.
– Is involved in creating a strategic business plan for this dynamic retail fund raising effort. The ReStore Committee helps procure large donations and necessary equipment to further enhance business. Committee members assist with implementation of daily operations, policies and procedures whenever possible.