What is Habitat for Humanity?
Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit organization that builds homes in partnership with qualified families in need of decent and affordable housing. Our goal is to eliminate poverty housing both locally and globally.
• Permanent legal residents or U.S. Citizens.What are the specifications of a typical home?
• Families living in substandard conditions.
• Families with incomes between 35%-80% of the area median income in the County where the home is built. In Eagle County, that is $30,900-$70,720 for a family of four.
• Families willing to invest 250 “sweat-equity” hours per adult in the household.
• Families who have lived or worked within our service area at least one out of the last two years.